Wednesday 2 May 2012

Up and at it this morning to go see my surgeon.  I knew there was nothing he would be saying that was new....I haven't had any recent tests or anything, but still the nerves kick in.  I'm cold, my toes are tapping, I'm grumpy......Standard behaviour now for me whenever I have a doctor's appointment.

All for naught.  My doctor was actually quite personable today!  He took out my stitches (only a small sting), shortened my feeding hose, gave me a pep talk and even told me I could go in the water if I wanted to.  He also said they would rebook my swallow test for when I get back and reminded me that he has NEVER had a patient who has not regained their swallow.  He told me I could be taking some small sips of water so I came home and did just that.  I'm actually thinking the water went down the right pipe, however, I have thought that before so will wait for the swallow test before I decide I can go back to eating and drinking.

From doctor headed to Cross Iron Mills and did my walking as a mall walk today.  That combined with taking my clothes on and off more times than a  busy hooker on a Friday night was a good workout!
I came home a little pooped.

So, tomorrow, I will do my packing in earnest.  Must confess I saw this doctors appointment as the final hurdle...…So time to get those clothes packed up!  Tomorrow will be my final entry for a week but will be back at it when I get back on May 11!

4 comments:

  1. Have a great trip Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are able to go. Enjoy every moment! Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!!! Have a wonderful trip. You have great children, enjoy the wedding :) We can't wait to see pictures. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You look great Leslie. Thank you for posting the pics. The wedding looks like it was lovely. So happy for you all. Keep up the hill walking. I am sure you could run rings around me. Thinking of you often. Diana

    ReplyDelete