Sunday 27 May 2012

A pretty low key day.  Was up pretty early this morning but did have a better night.  Still have some issues I'm trying to deal with but in the back of my mind I'm thinking "how much longer will I have to have this tube?"  I know they will leave it until I am able to take all my nutrition by mouth but I have huge incentive to do that and am hoping I can move along without to many problems.

The best surprise of the day was my blood pressure.  It has been sky high since the surgery.  Shockingly so for someone who always has had low blood pressure and a low heart rate.  When I went to see the surgeon last week it was 158/107.  He didn't even bat an eye.  Said he wished they wouldn't take people's blood pressure when they come to see him.  There is some truth in that....I think my hairdresser, Lorna calls it "White Coat Syndrome."  I know even the sound of his voice makes me anxious.....kind of a conditioned response.  In any case I have been checking it off and on on my own as well and it has been consistently high.  When I asked him about it he said "That is a mystery!".  Imagine that!  Well today I was in Coop and decided I should do a check. I just about fell out of my chair when it came back 119/76. In fact I was sure that could not possibly be right because I haven't seen numbers that low in months.  So I pushed the button a second time and it came back 113/67.  I was pretty happy about that.  I have not been happy with those elevated numbers.

Had a couple of walks today and had a redo on my Mom's Old Fashioned Oxtail Soup.  This time I payed attention, stirred and cooked with a little more "Patience".  I think it paid off......I didn't burn it to a crisp.  Bill hasn't tried it yet, but my nose tells me it's good.  I know it seems weird that I'm cooking but I can't eat.  But there is some comfort in doing something familiar and routine.  I don't cook all the time but every so often I just get the urge to get in the kitchen and make a mess.  It is very therapeutic!

I'm sure hoping the weather warms up a tad this week.  Still haven't put out my flowers.  Will tackle that tomorrow, weather permitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment