Tuesday 15 May 2012

Just enjoying the beautiful day today.  Bill has gone out to Kim and Greg's to pick Boomer up.  They have colds so I decided to stay home.  I have enough hacking and coughing going on right now without adding a cold on top of it.  I'm looking forward to having Boomer home, although I know the routine when he comes back from Kim and Greg's.  At first he's happy to see us, then he lies down with a big sigh and looks at us as if to say "this place is soooo boring!" It actually takes about a week for him to kick back into city dog mode.  Can you blame him.  Freedom, riding ON (not running behind) the quad, swimming in your own private pond only meters from the house, Wyatt (Kim and Greg's golden retriever), horses, and cats!  What more could any dog wish for!?  I sometimes wonder who enjoys holiday time more...Bill and I or Boomer.

Have spent the morning puttering and have actually been quite productive.  Been in and out of the deck doors all morning and on my last trip in a massive bumble bee followed me. It was not happy to be inside.  I watched it for a few minutes and when it finally crashed into the kitchen window I trapped it in a jar and took it back outside.  Was feeling pretty proud of myself as I came back in but stopped dead in my tracks  when the first sound I heard was ANOTHER MAD BEE!  So, repeat performance and repeat mission accomplished.  This all reminded me of something that happened when Geoff was in kindergarten.  He was in the back ravine and caught this massive bee.  It was really angry to be caught in a jar and was buzzing around furiously.  I tried to talk him into releasing it but he really wanted to take it in to school the next day to share with his class.  I wasn't sure this was the best plan but agreed as long as he promised not to open the jar.  We left the bee in the jar out in the garage overnight and in the morning we sadly discovered the bee had died.  Still, it was a very large, impressive specimen,  so I suggested that the kids might still like to see it.  I was secretly feeling much better as I thought the teacher would probably question my good judgement at sending a bee to school.  We headed off and by the time we got to school, the jar had warmed and presto!  The bee had come back to life and was furious at finding itself still trapped in the jar.  As suspected, I was right, the teacher gave me a very strange look and asked me to stay and take the bee once Geoff had shared it with the class.  I have no doubt, being a teacher myself, that I was probably the staffroom topic of discussion that day!  "Irresponsible Mother!  Whatever was she thinking!"

It's a day to celebrate!  We have all anxiously been awaiting the arrival of Trish and Gerry's daughter Katie's baby!  She is well overdue and was actually due on Geoff and Lindsey wedding date, May 8.
Well, John Francis finally decided to poke his head into this world!  All is good!  Katie lives in Ireland with her husband Benny so we will all have to wait until July when Katie is bravely travelling home with baby and big brother Liam in tow BY HERSELF!  That's one gutsy girl!

No talk of medical stuff today....I'm taking a break!  Trying to pretend life is normal!  I'm sipping ginger ale and baking muffins!  How normal is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment