Sunday 20 May 2012

Back from the lake.  Good decision to come today I think as there were lots of people out there this weekend and the ride in wasn't to bad.  We had a nice weekend.  Good weather for golf.  It wasn't hot but from what I've heard the weather out there was quite a bit better than what Calgary experienced.  Bill played a couple of pretty decent rounds for his first of the season as did Dad.

Geoff and Lindsey back from Mexico.  I think they are all inclusived out.  I have to agree with Geoff a week at an all inclusive is enough.  I've said that every time we've gone to one.  They had a nice second week and had a chance to do some sinote diving, some deep sea fishing and went to see the ruins at
 Chichen Itza.  They are wanting to visit the seven wonders of the world so can now strike this one off.  I'm sure it was hotter than h*** going there!

Arrived home to the reminder on my answering machine that I have a PET scan on Tuesday.  Not my favourite thing.  Causes me all sorts of anxiety so I am stressing already.  I had kind of pushed it out of my mind.  Knew it was on Tuesday but wasn't thinking about it.  The phone call, however, is a reminder that I have to go.  I have to DRINK three to four glasses of water before the scan.  Whether I drink it or put it in my J tube, that's a lot of water to take in at once.  It'll be interesting to see how that goes.  That and lying flat and still for half an hour are both going to be big challenges for me.   Oh well, it will be good to get it over with and hopefully it'll come back clear!  I'm thinking these scans are going to be a way of life for me for a few years so I should just suck it up and try not to worry about it.  Easier said than done.


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the scan! I can't imagine ever liking these scans but try to think of it as part of your journey to great health. Gudrun

    ReplyDelete