Monday 21 May 2012

Have had a very busy day.  Met Maureen and did a loop of Nose Hill then we went for coffee.  She drank I sniffed!  From there I decided I should maybe pick up a few flowers and things for the garden so did the loop, Super Store, Rona and then Sunnyside.  As per usual I suspect I bought too many flowers but once I start looking I just keep adding them to my cart.  Not brave enough to plant today, it might snow!

Tonight is a fasting night.  Can't eat before the PET.  After last night's disaster, that's probably a good thing.  I usually start my machine around 9:45.  We were watching TV and I scooted upstairs to get my stuff.  Feeling pretty comfortable with all this paraphernalia now so didn't bother to put on the lights and was honestly only paying half attention to what I was doing.  I was in my PJ's and my housecoat.  Got everything going and settled down to watch a show.  After about an your I was thinking to myself  "I can even smell this gross stuff when it's in the bag and in the backpack.  It really is time to get rid of this tube and get onto the business of eating!"  Well I went to stand up and realized I had not opened up the port on my J tube and for an hour it had been leaking all over my housecoat.  Yuk!

That was disaster #1.  Disaster #2 happened this morning and has to do with my issue of not putting lids on properly.  I have to clean the bag every morning.  I won't go into the details but I fill the bag, close it and then lean on it to push the water through the tubes.  I confess I did hear the psssssss sound but also confess I ignored it. Boom.....the lid shot off and water shot all over the place!  This one I have not confessed to Bill because he cannot believe that after all these years I continue to consistently put lids on crooked.  It won't kill him to not know about this small incident!

Thanks for the words of encouragement sent my way re. tomorrow.  I know these tests are going to become a way of life for me for the next number of years and realistically I shouldn't stress like I do.  Having said that, any test scares me now and I'm probably entitled to those feelings.

Bill off doing a training ride today.  I got a text from him a couple of hours ago and it sounds like he hit some pretty stiff winds, some roads with narrow shoulders and lots of holiday traffic returning from their weekend.  I offered to pick him up but he's toughing it out.  Today I was thinking about it (in a grumpy way) and it occurred to me that this might be the first time since we've been married that he is MUCH fitter than I.  My fitness is non-existent right now.  When I finally do get permission to get back at it I am going to have a tough road back.  Scary thought as I honestly have never really let my fitness lapse.  Even through my pregnancies I was pretty diligent about working out and staying active.  Bill says I'm going to get a taste of how lots of the population feels about exercise.  He's probably right!

No comments:

Post a Comment