Friday 18 May 2012

We are in Windermere for the long weekend.  We usually avoid coming on the May long weekend as the traffic is insane but Kelli was off and was coming down to visit my dad so we decided to come out.  Came Thursday morning so missed the out coming traffic and will go home on Sunday to avoid the Monday rush.  We have had numerous trips home where it has taken 5 or 6 hours and it just isn't worth it!

We arrived here last night to find my Dad in computer distress.  He had been on the phone to Shaw and the agent was walking him through steps to rectify the problem but it only made it worse.  He had no wireless and no internet thus, no blog yesterday.  The computer saviour arrived from Cranbrook around midnight and spent a few hours mucking with Grandpa's computer this morning and it is now up and running again!

Today was a lazy day for some (Kelli and I) and more energetic for others Dad and Bill.  Bill is in serious prep mode for the Ride to Conquer Cancer and is showing his Honey Badger colours.  He decided to do the ride from Dad's place in Windermere to Olive Lake which is at the top of the hill above Radium.  The hill is at least a 10 km steep climb.  It took him 65 minutes to go up and 18 minutes to come down.  You can guess which was his favourite part.  He looked pretty bagged when he got back here and made Kelli and I feel a little guilty for our day of reading and going for a leisurely walks.  I really needed a day like that though.  Didn't sleep that well last night and was feeling quite tired today.

Continue to experiment with fluids and although not perfect I seem to be able to get most down without choking. As Kelli said, when I was in the hospital I was aspirating on everything I took in.  Now I aspirate occasionally and it is usually when I get careless.  I do have to take my time and think about what I'm doing but I think it is doable.  Got the date for my swallow test and it is on May 29.

Tomorrow Dad and Bill are going to golf and Kelli and I will walk along with them.  Not sure if we will walk the entire 18 as I suspect on long weekend Saturday the pace of play might be very slow and it cold be a very slow round.  But we will definitely walk the front nine although I know for a fact it is going to give me the bug.  Golf is a ways off in my future but I'm hoping to be playing before the end of the summer.  It's in my "long range plan."




No comments:

Post a Comment