Saturday 19 May 2012

Lovely day in Windermere today.  We headed out to the golf course this morning, and no, don't let this photo deceive you....I did not play golf.  Would have loved to!  Even thought it might be fun to email this to my surgeon.  He would not be happy with me!  I'm thinking I might be able to play come July though.

Dad and Bill played and Kelli and I walked the front nine.  Thought about walking the back as well but being the long weekend the pace of play was slow and none of the benches are out on the course yet so after nine opted to take a cart for the back.  Good decision as the back was also slow.  It was fun to be out there, although I did have moments when I really wished I could grab a club and smack a ball!  Both Dad and Bill had decent games, it being Bill's first of the season.  We were paired with another couple.  The lady was pretty much a beginner and Kelli and I were placing wagers on whether or not she would be able to hit her ball over the Columbia River.  Kind of mean spirited I must confess but fun none the less.

I continue to experiment with drinking and have probably had a cup of white cranberry juice and ginger ale today with few issues.  It is nice to be able to wet my whistle!  Now I am starting to consider what foods I want to eat first and strangely the thing I am almost craving is a soft boiled egg!  The interesting thing is is this is what I craved when I was first pregnant with Geoff.  Kelli said "I hope you're not pregnant Mom!"  I know I will have to take this eating thing slowly.  Just got an email from my hospital room mate.  They finally agreed, after months to let her go home and for the first week home she was feeling great and was able to keep food down and then her husband bought her a DQ soft ice cream cone It was so delicious she ate the entire thing and then was sick for four hours after and is now back to not feeling well and having difficulty eating.

Tomorrow the guys have a 9:30 tee time booked.  Kelli works in Cranbrook tomorrow morning at 8 AM so will have to be up with the birds to get back there for work.  We plan to head back to Calgary tomorrow after golf to avoid the May long weekend crazy drive home!



No comments:

Post a Comment