Sunday 13 May 2012

Kelli snorkelling with the turtles!
Grandpa and his girls!
Kelli and Lindsey
My Maid of Honour 33 years ago!
Geoff and Lindsey

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!  Hope everyone is enjoying this magnificent day!  Today I was trying to think of my "best" Mother's Days.  There are many of them but the one's that really come to mind are the days a bunch of us used to run in the Mother's Day Race.  We did it for years.  The guys would either stay home and make brunch for us or we would go to the Winter Club.  I think we did it for about 10 years in a row and then people started to drop out and it just sort of fizzled.  Those were pretty special days though.  Then, another comes to mind.  Kevin had sponsored Geoff as a junior member at Country Hills Golf Course for a couple of years and one Mother's Day Geoff and I went out and played golf.  I remember looking at him and saying "We should do this every year!"  A couple of years ago the kids and I went out for coffee!  So, it's not so much what you do, just that you do something, right???  
I did have some requests for a few more pics so thought I would oblige those who expressed interest. Have tried to include a little variety.  As you can see the resort was on a beautiful beach and we had amazing weather!  Geoff and Lindsey have stayed a second week and hopefully will get a little time to relax because there wasn't much time for that in week one.

Kelli arrived last night.  She and Mike went Saturday-Saturday, unlike the Friday-Friday the rest of us went.  She barely made her connection in Houston but her luggage did not so she arrived home empty handed and a little concerned as some of the stuff she needs for her stint in Cranbrook was in her bag.  No worries, the bag arrived this morning and she and Bill are now on their way out there with the Fifth Wheel!  I had planned to go but suspect I may have some appointments scheduled for this week so decided it was smarter to stay home.  I have been very lazy today reading my book and enjoying the beautiful day!  It is almost Mexico weather, which I think is encouraging me to behave the same way here as I did there.  Grab your book and kick back and relax.  Having said that, I have finally roused myself out of my chair and am heading out for my walk!  Enough procrastinating and I know for sure Bill will quiz me when he gets back as to whether or not I went.  So, although it has taken most of the day to get there, I am now ready to hit the pathway system and get back to the business of getting some exercise!  How easy it is to become a couch potato I am discovering.  Something I have never been before but I am starting to understand how it happens to people.  I am still having some coughing issues which make a solid nights sleep impossible.  On the plus side the cough is finally getting some of that stuff out of me that has made it difficult to breath and swallow.  Definitely more power in the cough....now I just need some more power in the vocal cords.

I'm not going to prattle today because if everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing today, they won't be wasting their time reading this!  Have a great day!  Enjoy the sunshine, bask in the love of your families.....it's a perfect day to celebrate 'MOMS'

No comments:

Post a Comment