Tuesday 30 October 2012

In honour of women's history month and in memory of Erma Bombeck who lost her fight with cancer. 
IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER 
(written after she found out she was dying from cancer).
 
I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day. 
I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.. 
I would have talked less and listened more. 
I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded. 
I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace. 
I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth. 
I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband. 
I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.. 
I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.
 
I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life. 
I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime. 
Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle..
 
When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, 'Later... Now go get washed up for dinner.' There would have been more 'I love you's, more 'I'm sorry's.' 
But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute; look at it and really see it; live it and never give it back.. STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!


A friend sent this to me the other day and I thought I would share it!  I especially love the paragraph that talks about "given another shot at life."  Food for thought for all of us!

Before I start rambling about my great day I need to give you all a visual reminder courtesy of Dr. Leslie (name of this particular bunny!)


Just to remind you that tomorrow is the 31st and although I am sure most people won't be thinking about white rabbits but rather about ghouls and ghosts I'm counting on you to remember your "White Rabbits."  Need a little luck this month as I know I will be having a scan when I return home!  So my faithful friends....Pllleease.....remember your  "White Rabbits," and if you can spare a little of the luck you will get I would really appreciate it if you sent it my way!

Got up this morning and headed back to the beach Kelli and Mike visited yesterday with hopes of seeing the spectacle of hundreds of Spinner Dolphins.  Apparently they are in this bay 4 days out of 6.....don't know what happens on the 7th day but the guy that rented us the kayaks gave us this pearl of information.  Today...just my luck....not a single dolphin in the bay!  Apparently there were two very large Bottle Nosed Dolphins there before we arrived but they had moved on by the time we arrived.  Oh well, we rented the kayaks anyway and headed over to Captain Cooks' Monument to try out the snorkelling.  We were not disappointed.  Clear waters and lots of fish!  We had to tie our kayaks off on trees that were overhanging the water and then get into the water from a bit of a precarious entry point.  The rocks were slippery and there were all sorts of sea urchins which we had been cautionned to watch out for.  I decided my best option was to swim, not walk even though the water was quite shallow and unfortunately got washed into some coral and scratched my thigh.  Not enough to beach me though so continued on.  We saw many spectacular fish and Bill had a turtle swim by him.  He was just swimming along and this turtle came from the opposite direction and swam by.  The next thing Bill heard was a guy shouting to his friend "There's a turtle over here but that asshole (Bill) scared it away!"   I was quite a distance away and I heard this guy yelling this but didn't know until later that it was Bill he was referring to.  Bill was quite taken aback by it!  Not to say there weren't assholes there.  There was no beach at this particular site and about the only place to sit was on a concrete wall by the monument.  We had been told that we were not allowed to beach our kayaks without a permit and that the only place they could be tethered was on the trees to the right of the monument.  Well, this guy and his son came along and proceeded to tie up right at the spot everyone has to enter and exit the water.  I was trying to get out just behind their kayak and placed one hand on the back of their kayak at the same time as the guy's son was leaning the same direction and kerplunk.....the kayak turned and dumped them both in the water.  Was the Dad ever pissed off!  You should have heard him lambaste his son!  Don't think he realized that I may have played a small role in the turnover,  as I quickly exited.  At that point Mike politely suggested they should tie up their kayak over at the designated spot as a tour operator was coming with a ladder for his group.  The guy just looked at Mike and just snarled "Well, they can just figure it out for themselves."  Well, they went off snorkelling and sure enough the tour operator arrived, untied the kayak and set it free.  We all thought it was hilarious.  The guy finally returned and was furious.....I'm pretty sure he thought it was us who had untied his boat but Kelli fessed up it was the tour guy!  Now that guy was an asshole!

Kayaked back to the beach where our car was parked after a few hours of wonderful snorkelling.  Headed into Kona for a bite to eat and decided we would combine lunch and dinner as it was 3:30 and we had missed lunch.  All of us enjoyed fish entrees of one kind or another.  Delicious ending to a delectable day!






No comments:

Post a Comment