Saturday 27 October 2012

Slowed the pace down today and we were ready for it.  Kelli and Mike went and did their thing and Bill and I did ours.  Bill and I went to Kauna'oa Beach today which is next to Kahuna Beach where we have already visited.  Beautiful beach but again the surf was huge today which made snorkelling almost impossible.  We did give it an attempt and did see a few stray fish but nothing spectacular.  Just too rough!  What it was grrrreat for, was boogie boarding.  I thought I had finally figured out how to use the boogie board.  Had a couple of great rides then did the crash and burn.  Was totally pummelled and when I stood up it was like the bottom of my swim suit had become a thong!  Seriously!  How embarrassing!  I know there were people on the beach laughing.  Bill missed it though because as he was getting ready to take the picture a rogue wave hit him and got all our stuff wet!  What a pair of beach greenhorns!  We spent a couple of hours there and then decided to check out beach 69 where we heard there was good snorkelling.  Again, high surf but a pretty beach and one we will hit tomorrow.  Apparently the surf can subside from day to day so hopefully we will get a couple of good days this week.  If not...Oh well....A day of rough surf beats a snow day in Calgary.  I get daily weather reports from my Dad and I'm not missing that weather even a little!  He said our thermostat in our house is set at 43 degrees....we are sitting outside right now and the sun is setting but the temperature hasn't dipped even a little.




No comments:

Post a Comment