Tuesday 23 October 2012

Everyone feeling much better today!  We find we are early to bed, early to rise here.  I got up and did my short little jog down to the gym this morning, did my weights and then jogged back.  Don't be impressed, it's a very short run but I'm actually feeling like I can breath better here. I wonder if my health plan would consider supporting me in this environment.  Sea level, humidity and mild temperatures seem to agree with me!  Typically the last week of my 3 week cycle is my best and this week is no exception.  The good news is that I'm getting a 2 week bonus of no chemo so should feel great for the next three weeks!  How good is that?!!!   We decided to check out the north side of the island today.  We have yet to find a good spot to snorkel.  The water is very rough right now and visibility is not great.  Maureen and Duane (who are currently in Maui) tell us the snorkeling there is great right now with great visibility and lots of turtles!  We still have some recommended spots to check out so keep hoping we will find a spot where we can see something.  We did hit a couple of really nice beaches today though.  Great surf but if you weren't paying attention you got knocked flying.  I watched Bill walking in and saw the wave coming.  He however, did not, and wham.....it sent him sprawling.  I too got pummeled a couple of times but it was super fun!  Wandered through a couple of cute little towns where one of the girls in a shop recommended a little lunch spot that serves lobster tacos!  We picked up our tacos and then headed to Polopu Beach.  We had to hike down a significantly steep trail to get to the black sand beach where we had our lunch.  I was thinking to myself this is going to be interesting going back up but I was pleasantly surprised.  It wasn't too bad and I really didn't huff and puff too much at all!  The hike was so worth it!
This is the trailhead to get down to the beach below!






No comments:

Post a Comment