Sunday 7 October 2012

Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone.  Hope you are all getting your fill of turkey dinner!  I’m not cooking this year.  We will be heading out to Canmore this afternoon to see Bill’s brother Dick and his wife Joanne.  Supposed to be 16 for dinner so it will be a full house!

Had a better sleep last night and am feeling much better.  Yesterday was a bit of a rough day for me.  It’s not so much the chemo itself, it’s the Dexamethazone that prevents me from sleeping.  Only one more dose this round and I’ll be back and running!  Boomer is also much improved with his leg.  When I have my “quiet” times I grab the icepack and ice his leg.  He is very cooperative.  Not sure if it’s just the cuddle time he’s enjoying, if he realizes it feels good or if it’s the fact that I put Sienna outside to keep things quiet while I’m doing it. and he gets some “quality time” with his person.   Whatever it is....he is a most cooperative participant and has it ever paid off!  No more three legged dog!

This is going to be a quickie today.  When I’m laying low, I’m afraid I don’t have much to talk about but will end with a couple of nice notes.  Congratulations to both Colleen Jurgens and Nicole Rea on their newest family additions.  Olivia Rose for Colleen (adorable) and Callum Aaron for Nicole.  It is hard to believe that Nicole is a Mom!  My friend Marian is slipping into the Grandma role.  She told me that he really is “special”.  Now what grandma do you know who doesn’t secretly think her grandchildren aren’t the best.  I have been observing my friends and it seems to be a common thing.  My mom used to love the Grandma role.  Her philosophy was “It’s wonderful.....you spoil them and then you send them home!”  She was so good at that.  For years Kelli used to get a birthday present on Geoff’s birthday!  Grandma always made Geoff’s favourite...cinnamon buns!  One time she made a batch of cinnamon buns for him to take to Shuswap where he was going to spend a week with his buddy Trevor and his family.  I was driving him to Golden to catch a bus out to the Shuswap and we forgot the freshly baked buns.  Mom made Dad chase us all the way to Golden to make sure he had his buns!  Anyways...a picture of my signature baby gift.  I think it’s an appropriate gift from myself to these cute little babies!  I’m sure you’ll all agree!  I’m sending my “stay healthy and active message” early!!!
First pair of runners!!!  Leslie’s idea of a subtle message!   The only amazing thing is what they charge for baby versions of what we wear!  And I still buy them without even blinking!
Again Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment