Monday 8 October 2012

Brrrr....it’s a little chilly out there today.  Just got back from walking the pups.  They love it but I shivered for the whole walk.  I am not ready for winter yet!  Hawaii awaits me!  Let’s ease into this winter scene slowly is my philosophy!

Had a nice Thankgiving yesterday up in Canmore with Bill’s family.  Joanne cooked an amazing turkey dinner!  I ate way too much and paid the price big time!  I just never seem to learn. Small portions....small portions....but how does one do that when it’s their favourite foods and you want to try everything.  We even had pumpkin pie made from real pumpkins....not the canned stuff!  So all my resolve flew out the window.  Oh well.....I’ll be smart for awhile but have no doubt whatsoever that I will cross the line again!  Even Bill commented on the size of my portions last night!  Thought I could handle it!  Wrongo!

Oh well....A quiet day today.  Actually did a little housework which I have neglected for awhile.  Then met my friend Marian for lunch at Friends.  We made two bowls of soup and coffee last three hours.  Bill just can’t believe how girls can do this.  Guys drink their coffee, visit and get on with it.  Not us girls....we can talk forever and we did.  Had lots of catching up to do and it was great.  By the time we decided we should wrap up lunch we noticed that they were busy cleaning up the coffee shop and had all the chairs turned upside down.  I believe they were waiting for us to vacate and we were so busy gabbing we didn’t even notice!  Don’t think we were their favourite customers today!

Home now and thinking about cooking supper.  Kathy coming by to talk renovations with Bill and Kelli and Mike will also come.  Will not be a big meal for this girl tonight!  Feeling better today but still a little tired.  Will be better tonight as I am finished my round of Dexamethazone!  Yahoo!  That is always cause for great joy!

A full week ahead!  Love it when I have plans!  Thrive and survive!!!

On a closing note I want to include this little exempt that Lisa posted on Facebook!  It’s hilarious!  Enjoy if you haven’t yet seen it!

In my next life I want to live life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in a old people's home feeling better every day. YOu get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you are young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to Primary school, you become a kid, you play. YOu have no responsibilities, then you become a baby until you are born. And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Viola! You finish off as an orgasm!!!! Woody Allen




1 comment:

  1. Mom I love that quote you posted, Lindsey and I both had a good laugh, makes a lot of sense though hahahaha

    ReplyDelete