Tuesday 2 October 2012

Oh my goodness!  I hate beets!  Don’t mind eating them but sure detest the preparation......Bill loves them and plants a garden full of them.  I have done two huge batches of borscht, pickled several jars and there are still two rows in the garden!  I considered taking a photo of my kitchen for the blog but am too embarrassed to let you see what a haphazard, messy cook I am!  I just go for it and every pot and utensil is dirty....everything is red, including my hands.  There has been a fair share of cursing going on!  A few catastrophes.....like sending my cutting board over the edge of the counter, resulting in a magnificent spray of beets and onions everywhere!  Thank goodness for swear words!  They really do make you feel better!

I am just taking a little break at the moment with my back turned to the kitchen!  The cleanup will be worse than the cooking!  This is the time I should call those of you who have said to me....”Just call if you need anything!”  Hmmm......be careful with those words dear friends!

Anyways....feel pretty perky today.  Normally I would be at the Tom Baker getting my chemotherapy today so when I think of it that way, dealing with a shit load of beets is much preferable!  They are delaying the chemo a week so that I then will have two weeks before heading to Hawaii to recover and then I’ll get a three week break!  Yahoo!  Maybe my hair will come in thick and luxurious while I’m in paradise!  If not I will have to resort to my fake hair.  Haven’t picked it up yet but I am going tomorrow to get it styled.  Sure hope this girl is good with the scissors.  At least when you get a bad haircut it can grow back but if she screws this one up it’s permanent!  My friend Corrine told me she had a friend who had to wear a wig and it was so beautiful that everyone kept asking her who did her hair!  I’m really not planning to wear mine all the time but wanted it for occasions when we go out.  Nice to look normal and half decent and it is getting harder and harder to fluff the hair to cover the thinning areas.  Also, don’t imagine my ball cap would look so great with my Christmas dress!  Who knows, maybe I could start a new trend!

Well, back to beetsville!  Do you really want to see my kitchen????  Ah....what the heck.....(As I post this picture I can hear the parents from my school saying “It looks just like her office!)  Be nice girls!
THIS IS WHAT HURRICAINE LESLIE REALLY LOOKS LIKE!!!
Time to clean up!!!  I’m not sure what possessed me to share this intimacy with you but what’s done is done!!!

UPDATE!!!
I COULD NOT LEAVE YOU WITH THIS IMAGE OF MY KITCHEN.  BEETS ARE DONE!  I AM NOT GOING TO PROCESS ONE MORE BEET!  For all I care the deer can feast on them!  In any case I used my philosophy on cleaning up today...”If you touch it you have to deal with it!”  Presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment