Tuesday 4 September 2012

Beautiful day today but certainly has the bite of fall in the air!  We headed west this morning and dropped in on our friend Ron.  Unbelievably, he had his accident on Friday night, was flown in to the Foothills by Stars, had his surgery Saturday afternoon and was sent home on Monday. They removed C6 and C7, took a chunk of bone from his hip and fused the vertebrae.  He is having problems with his hands at this point but the doctors do seem very optimistic that he will make a full recovery which is excellent news.  The bad part is that he has been told that he must not do much of anything for 12 weeks if he wants to get better.  It’s either 12 weeks of nothing or he won’t recover.  This will be very tough for Ron as he is a real go getter guy but I think even he realizes that this it is very important that he pay attention.

After our visit we headed out to Water Valley to meet up with Geoff and Lindsey to play golf.  It felt a little strange being out on the golf course on the first day of school!  It was a gorgeous day and if you’re a golfer and have never played Water Valley you must put it on your list of places to play.  It is a beautiful golf course out in the country.  There are no houses surrounding it and the only sounds you hear are cows mooing in the fields.  It is definitely one of my favourite places to play golf.

Tomorrow I have my appointment at the Tom Baker.  Don’t expect anything profound but do need to talk to them about the scheduling of my treatments around my upcoming trips to the Grand Canyon and Hawaii.  I spoke to the nurse last week and she didn’t seem to think it would be a problem.

Speaking of problems.....the hair is definitely starting to come out!  Thought I might dodge this bullet but it’s not looking good at this point  All my TLC and magic formulas seem to be letting me down.  The writing is on the wall.  Was washing my hair this morning and a big clump came out in my hand.  Let me tell you that is a shocker!  Have been checking it throughout the day and things seem to be secure for the time being but I’m thinking I should mentally prepare for this eventuality!  Good thing I have a good selection of hats to call upon!

No comments:

Post a Comment