Tuesday 25 September 2012

I am having a terrible time with this blog.  Perhaps it’s just the internet here in Moab but will give it another shot tonight before I GIVE UP!!!

So here goes.....take #3!!!  Up and at it today for another busy day.  We visited three parks today.  Started out in Arches National Park where we were yesterday and did the “Park Place” hike that Caroline and Don recommended.  From there we headed to “Dead Horse Point State Park” where we did a hike along the rim and viewed some spectacular scenery.  Finished there and headed over to “Canyonlands National Park” also known as “Island in the Sky.”  We spent a few hours here doing several short hikes.  Man, you could take a photograph every 30 seconds.  I am getting more adventurous with my camera and it’s manual settings but honestly I have come to realize there is so much this camera can do that I don’t know about.  The funny thing is is that almost everyone around here is walking along with a Canon Camera slung around their neck and nobody knows how to use them.  A guy stopped me today and asked me if I could show him how to “bracket” his camera.  Huh?  Bracket?  What’s that?  Then another lady asked me how to set the timer???  I knew I should know this but couldn’t remember how to do it.  Later I was fiddling with my camera trying to put it on timer....yahoo...success, however, do you think I could it back to it’s normal shooting function.  Duh!  I have taken two courses on basic SLR operation but I’m seriously thinking I have a mild to moderate learning disability!  I do not seem to retain information.....Perhaps it’s the chemo????  I won’t mention I took both of these courses pre-chemo......Yes, I am going to blame it on the chemo!  I am definitely going to look at signing up for the camera course at Sait with Brenda when I get back.  (She also has a Canon that she doesn’t know how to operate!)  Yes, I have some fabulous pictures and yes I have been testing out all sorts of the manual settings on the camera.  The problem is that when I look at a picture, I can’t remember what I did to get that great shot!  My new theory is shoot the same scene several times and try something different each time, then just save the picture you like best!  Ahhh, the beauty of digital photography!  Remember the days of film when you got your prints back and out of a roll of 24 you might have 2 good pictures!  And you had to pay a kings ransom for the developing.  Thank goodness those days are long gone! Anyways....I do have some fabulous pics for you today.





DONE!!!  Not too sure where we are tomorrow......will blog if I can.

3 comments:

  1. Wowza!!!!!!! Beautiful!!!! LOVE the feet shot!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are postcard perfect pics! You are sure lucky to see that Les!! It's now on my bucket list!! Man I am going to need a really really big bucket for all the things I need to do!!

    ReplyDelete