Monday 3 September 2012

Home from Windermere.  Kathy and I had a fabulous weekend!  We don’t get many opportunities such as this to get away just the two of us.  We have been the best of pals since we were twelve years old.  Started out as badminton partners.  She was from the Glencoe Club and I was from the Winter Club and neither of us had partners so our coaches paired us up.  It was the start of a long and solid friendship.  We have played together, trained together, worked together and lived together for a couple of years pre-married days.  We have shared joyous times and sad times and have helped each other through each.  She was my Maid of honour and I was hers!  It is a friendship that has never lapsed!  I love that girl and I know she feels the same about me!  We always have so much fun together and we definitely bring the goofy out in each other as you can see from the past two days blogs.  Last night after hearing message after message from other friends, my Dad finally decided he had better read the daily blog.  When I came upstairs to say goodnight to him he said to me, “That was priceless!  People are going to be wondering what the heck is going on out here!”......

I am home now and facing the reality of things at home.  My friend and neighbour, Marion, fell and broke her leg last week and is just home from the hospital.  I walked by their yard on my dog walk when I got home and asked a lady in the yard how Marion was doing.  She said better, although still in a lot of pain.  I know the weeks ahead will be a challenge for her but she has great family support as I do and that goes a million trillion miles!  Then, last night Bill called me and our good friend Ron fell off a hay wagon while doing haying and broke a couple of vertebrae in his neck.  He had surgery Saturday afternoon and is already home from the hospital. I find that unbelievable!  Ron is a go getter guy and to sit still for the weeks ahead is going to be pure torture for him.  When I called him this afternoon Marg said he was sitting in the living room pretending to watch TV.  Ron does not watch TV!!!   The good news is that he should make a good recovery he just needs to be patient.  Now what were those three p’s I talked about in the days following my surgery???  Patience, perseverance and positivity!  I will have to remind him of that when I go to visit.  Not easy but very, very important.  PATIENCE.......PERSEVERANCE........POSITIVITY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment